Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Virgins & the Covenant

Has anyone thought, “I wish I’d never had sex then I wouldn’t have to make this covenant?” or “It would be so much easier to abstain if I were a virgin.” Shame on you… that’s not necessarily true. SIDEBAR: There we go again thinking that the grass is greener on the other side.

The fact of the matter is virgins also struggle with abstaining from sex. For some, they don’t have a mental picture of themselves engaging in sexual behavior, but they have the same urges. They watch the same shows. And they’re faced with the same temptations. You know the guy (or girl!) who comes on a little too strong and almost breaks your resolve.

It doesn’t matter whether you’ve never had sex, had sex only once or took many partners to bed; you’re all in the same boat. The boat is called “Desire to Do Right,” your shipmates are other Christian singles and your life preserver is Jesus Christ.

“All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.” Alexandre Dumas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In case anyone else is reading this late like me, let me just give a hearty "amen" to this entry.