Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Whoa!

I was recently searching some blogs just to see what's out there when I came across a blog called God is for Suckers. I'm not trying to give that blog and its author advertisement, but I was really baffled as to why someone would attack or post something so... well... hmm, I can't even come up with a word for it.

I was going to post a comment to simply ask them why they started a blog such as that, but decided against it. The nature of the comments and posts on that blog were such akin to a person I would avoid talking to.

So, I've brought the discussion to you. Why would someone post a blog like that? And, given the nature of this blog, I ask another question: When you tell someone your beliefs in God or mention your commitment to God to remain celibate until marriage; what type of feedback do you generally get?

“A person is never happy except at the price of some ignorance.” – Anatole France

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand why someone would make a blog like that. It's almost as though those who call themselves athiest are angry at believers.

I have not yet explained to anyone that I am celibate. When the time comes, I hope to be prepared for the questions that will follow. I think it is an especially difficult explanation when you are a male.